Thursday, October 4, 2012

What is Your Life Verse? 

Yesterday as I was driving to work, the radio station that I normally listen to does this short, yet profound segment called,  "Proverb of the Day".  The DJ's read a bible scripture from the book of Proverbs, which coincides with the day of the months. They briefly discuss the meaning and how the verse intertwines in their lives. 


 Yesterday, being October 3rd, the verse they concentrated on was my life verse

Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take. (Proverbs 3:5-6 HCSB)
 
This caused me to reflect as to why this particular verse has become my life verse. Several years ago, maybe five or six, when I began to really dig deep into why and where the sexual abuse that I endured as a small child came from, I searched His Word for answers. Yes, there were several verses that stood out to me, that brought comfort and direction. This the one the God lead me to over and over. It really spoke to me. 

See, for years, I struggled to find answers to the whys and how comes. I wanted answers.  I needed resolve. I sought after peace. 

When I reflect on this verse, it simply reminds me that I must TRUST in Him completely and to stop trying to figure everything out on my own. It tells me not to rely on my own understanding. It tells me to seek after HIM in all my ways and He will surely guide me on the right path. 


When I truly needed understanding, God provided. I may not have gotten all the answers I thought I needed, but I did come to fully trust HIM. He has become my dictionary and encyclopedia. He has become my one true resource that I needed in helping me figure all this out.  He has healed my wounds and has brought from the dark pit that I once found myself deep, deep in. 


So, what is you life verse? Do you have one? Do you mind sharing how you came to choose it and how it helps and keeps you going every day? What does the verse mean to you?  Perhaps by sharing it can help someone else begin to search and dig into His Word for answers. Maybe it can lead to helping someone find their own life verse. 


You may need wisdom. You may need comfort. You may need direction. You many need peace. You may need encouragement.  You may need a kick start.  What ever you need, be confident that by seeking God, you will find the answers. 


Don't be afraid to ask for help from other Godly people to find the answers. I did. I have many times. I have reached out to those close to me, that know their bible in helping me find the right area and verse that I need. And we can have more than one life verse or it can change depending on the season in your life. The point is, DIG - open up The Holy Bible and search for what you need to so that God can help you. 


Where ever you are right now, you are not alone. Reach out and let God begin to work in your life. 









No comments:

Post a Comment