Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I Love You This Much

I Love You This Much


I've been thinking a lot on how we put through uncomfortable/unwelcome circumstances, yet God brings something good from it. I keep thinking every time, I want to shut down and not care, throw my hands up, how many times God could have done that to me, but hasn't.

I keep asking myself, is this EVERYTHING that Jesus experienced when he walk to the earth? Does he truly understand the pains we go through? He was put through so much worse. What we (I) deal with here and now is nothing compared to nails in the hand, body beaten to the bone, and torment he endured. Jesus took it all for me.

I imagine an older brother taking the whipping for his younger brother even though the younger brother deserves the punishment. But although the older brother knows the beating will hurt, protects the little guy anyway.


Is that what Jesus did for us? Did he take the whipping we so deserve? I am overwhelmed with the possibly of even though I'm not worthy of God's grace, He still pours, surrounds and envelopes me with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment